Home Security Solutions For Seniors Living Alone - 1st Ace SecurityPosted on by admin This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.
Millions of UK elderly adults live alone. This vulnerability can make them a potential target for a burglary. There are steps that can be taken to minimise the risks and ensure a secure living environment.
Monitored Alarm Systems
A security system that can be monitored by family and friends is a great way to ensure your loved one is safe. It enables the continuation of independent living whilst knowing they can relax in their own home. Some alarm systems can also trigger emergency services to respond, making them a vital home security solution.
Personal Emergency Response Alarm
Being alone and venerable means it’s not always possible to get help fast when needed. Let’s say a senior fell over and was unable to reach a telephone, how long would they lay helpless and injured? A Personal Emergency Response Alarm is a small, light-weight device that can be worn as a necklace. Here’s how it works:
- Push the button on the device. It can be a necklace, keychain or wristband.
- It will call operator services on loudspeaker and ask your emergency.
- The operator will get you help and can contact anyone in your saved contacts list.
- You can even pre-record messages to remind yourself of daily tasks like taking medication.
Mobile Phone Solutions
More senior adults have mobile devices that every before. It’s a great way to stay connected to the world, especially when living alone. Security can be monitored by family and friends whilst on the go, making it a super convenient home security solution.
- Monitor; Log in and watch your cameras live.
- Alerts; Receive alerts in real time when motion sensors are triggered.
- Manage; Arm and disarm your system whenever you like.
Installing a doorbell camera or a peephole will allow you to view who’s knocking at your door and decide whether or not you should open. If paired with a smart lock system a senior with limited mobility can view the door camera on a mobile phone or tablet device and unlock the door without having to physically get up.