Protecting Your Home Deliveries In The Run Up To Christmas - 1st Ace SecurityPosted on by admin This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.
Over the festive period consumers launch into full spend mode, purchasing millions of pounds of products in the run up to Christmas day. With busy schedules and general hectic lifestyles, we are very rarely at home to take delivery of our goods. What does this mean? Our packages are often left on our doorstep in full view for everyone to see and unfortunately deliveries left in this way by couriers are likely to be stolen by opportunist thieves.
You can take a few simple steps to prevent your deliveries from being left on your doorstep.
1. Leave Instructions For Your Courier
When placing an order you can leave a message at the checkout with specific delivery instructions.
- Notify of a safe space; Add specific delivery instructions like ‘Please leave inside the BBQ’
- Change delivery address; Send your parcel to your workplace, friend or neighbour and collect later.
- Send Signed For; Sending your parcel with a signed for service requires your signature on delivery.
- Live Tracking; Some couriers allow you to live track your parcel so you know exactly when it’ll arrive.
2. Utilise Home Surveillance
Home security surveillance can protect your deliveries.
- Install a camera; Having a video camera pointing directly at your doorstep is sure to deter thieves.
- Add Smart Locks; Using smart locks enables you to lock and unlock your door remotely, meaning you can ask a neighbour to take your parcel inside.
- Receive notifications; Receive notifications that your camera has been triggered
- Utilise Camera Microphones; Once you receive notification that your camera has been triggered you can speak directly to the courier through your camera, as if you were actually home.
If you suspect your delivery to be stolen you can take measures to recoup your loses. Firstly, you need to contact your courier company and find out if delivery was successful. Secondly if you have paid just that little bit extra to insure your package you should have no issues with claiming a refund or replacement item. Still at a loss? File an official complaint with your courier and start a claims process. A claims process can be lengthy. To ensure you will be covered make sure you send insured!